Alcohol rehab and drug rehab in Powys
Law enforcement agencies in Powys have been cracking down on the illegal distribution of prescription medication and illegal drugs. Nonetheless, the abuse of cannabis, crystal meth, and other drugs, are still rampant in some areas of the county. If you, or a loved one, have been abusing any type of drug (including alcohol), and are experiencing withdrawal symptoms or other signs of addiction, it is best that you seek professional help as soon as possible.
Seeking prompt professional addiction treatment is important, because substance abuse and addiction only gets worse every day it goes untreated. Also, professional addiction treatment is more effective and safer than trying to quit an addiction on your own. Thankfully, there are a number of private rehabs around Powys that can help you with your addiction, including ours at Oasis Rehab.
Our rehab’s addiction treatment services are not only readily available to all, but are also easily accessible to residents of Boughrood, Crossgates, and any other part of Powys. When you visit us for treatment, we will evaluate your condition and create an individualised course of treatment, one that is best capable of helping you attain a full recovery.
Addiction treatment in our facility will consist of a medically assisted detox, to treat the physical aspects of your addiction and minimise your withdrawal symptoms and discomfort. This will be followed by a comprehensive rehabilitation, which will make use of a variety of therapies to treat the psychological aspects of your addiction, and provide you with the tools to accomplish long lasting sobriety.
Upon conclusion of your treatment, we can provide you aftercare services for as long as you need them, to help you stay focused on remaining drug free.
Get started on regaining control of your life by giving us a call today.
Rehab Treatment Services at Oasis Rehab
Oasis Rehab is a fully equipped addiction treatment facility in Runcorn. We offer a variety of excellent detox, rehab, and support services. Some of the addictions we specialise in treating include Alcohol Addiction, Benzodiazepine Addiction, Cannabis Addiction, Cocaine Addiction, Codeine Addiction, and addiction to illegal drugs.
By seeking addiction treatment at our professional facility, you can expect the following benefits:
- Personalised Drug and Alcohol addiction treatment
- 1 year free aftercare
- 24/7 professional care and service
- A safe, secure, and quality assured environment for you to recover in
- Care from experienced staff
- Convenience and comfort
- Immediate admission
By road, Oasis Rehab is about 66 miles from Powys. It is about a ninety minute drive via the A483 going through Llanfyllin, Oswestry, and Chester. For your convenience, we can provide a sober transport service to and from our facility to anywhere in Powys.
Call us today to begin your addiction treatment.
The Pros and Cons of Private Rehab
If you live in Powys, and are struggling with an addiction, private rehab should be your first choice for medical treatment. This is because private rehab typically possesses the experts and resources to help addicts make a full recovery. Some more specific benefits of seeking addiction treatment in a private rehab include:
- Controlled and conducive environment for recovery: Our private rehab offers all patients a controlled and comfortable environment, where they can stay focused on recovery while being protected from the triggers and stressors that typically cause them to abuse drugs.
- Individualised treatment: A personalised approach to treating addiction is typically the best. This is because this type of treatment leaves no aspect of your addiction unattended to, and is better capable of helping you make a complete recovery. This is why we always follow a personalised approach to caring for all patients in our rehab.
- 24/7 medical attention: Round the clock care is provided in private rehabs, to monitor the condition of the patient and provide medical attention as needed.
- Prompt care: At our private rehab, you can get the professional care you need as soon as you need it. With no delays, you can get on the right track to beating your addiction as soon as possible.
- Variety of therapy: Therapy, such as counselling, support groups, behavioural therapy, and more, will be combined to guide you towards not just a full recovery, but also learning to avoid a relapse in the near future.
- Aftercare: We offer aftercare services to all our patients once they have been discharged, to ensure their addiction recovery is long lasting.
While the above benefits clearly indicate that private rehab is the ideal option for addiction recovery, this option has the unfortunate downside of being more expensive than certain individuals can afford. If you have trouble personally financing addiction treatment in a private rehab, you can always pursue the option of NHS addiction treatment.
How Much Does Rehab Cost in Powys?
The cost of rehab in Powys varies based on a number of factors. For instance, different rehabs charge differently generally. Luxury or executive private rehabs charge more than standard private rehabs for addiction treatment. Also, the duration of your treatment, and the type of treatment provided, will also affect the cost of rehab. That is, the longer your treatment goes on for, the more it will likely cost. Also, inpatient treatment, which is recommended for people with a severe addiction, will typically cost more than outpatient treatment.
We can help you with finding a private rehab in or around Powys, that is within your price range and that is capable of helping you make a full recovery.
Free/NHS Addiction Treatment Options in Powys
If you are in need of addiction treatment, but are unable to afford private rehab, there is still the option of NHS addiction treatment. NHS addiction treatment is free of charge, and can be accessed anywhere in Powys, including Aberllynfi, Erwood, or elsewhere.
Some of the NHS addiction treatment options available within your local community include:
- Counselling: This includes addiction counselling sessions to treat your addictions.
- Local Mental Health Team: If your GP believes you require additional support, you may be referred to the local mental health team. This referral will give you access to psychiatrists, psychotherapists, or other specialists.
- Local Drug and Alcohol Services: The typical local Drug and Alcohol service will offer a variety of low intensity therapeutic interventions, which may include holistic therapies and keyworking to treat your addiction.
The downside of free NHS addiction treatment options is you typically don’t have a choice in the quality of treatment you receive. Also, there is likely to be a long waiting list for addiction treatment, which means you may not get the treatment you need as soon as you need it. The length of the waiting list will be dependent on the current demand for NHS addiction services in Powys.
Addiction Support Groups in Powys
For support with successfully overcoming substance dependence, addiction support groups are available in various parts of Powys. Finding one within your local community, or close by, is possible. Well known groups include:
- Oasis Rehab Runcorn focuses on the welfare of its patients, and its services go beyond inpatient treatment. The group accomplishes this by motivating patients to rebuild what they might have lost due to their addiction.
- IMPACT Alcohol & Addictions Services provides a free and confidential service to people concerned about the drug or alcohol use of another.
- Family Drug and Alcohol Support offers confidential support to families worried about possible or actual drug use.
- Wolverhampton 360 – Young People’s Service offers support to young people affected by the drinking or drug use of parents, or for parents concerned about drug or alcohol use of their child.
- Dudley Aquarius Relatives Group Relatives is a support group for those in need of advice on how to support relatives or friends abusing alcohol.
How to Choose a Recovery Programme
A recovery programme that is close by and easily accessible, regardless of where you live in Powys is ideal. Also, the programme should be personalised to suit your unique needs. This is because a one-size-fits-all approach to addiction treatment will likely yield unsatisfactory results.
Taking the following into consideration can further guide you towards making the right choice for a recovery programme:
- Can you afford the treatment programme?
- Does the facility have experience helping people with your unique type of addiction?
- Would you prefer a recovery programme close to home or further away?
- Would you prefer an inpatient or outpatient setting?
- Would you prefer to continue working while receiving treatment?
Also, be sure to consult your doctor to receive professional insight concerning your options.
NA meetings in/near Powys
There are a number of Narcotics Anonymous meetings held in and around Powys on different days of the week. These meetings are meant to help people struggling with drug addiction. Find a meeting near you:
Shrewsbury Sunday Meeting
St Winefride’s Convent, College Hill, Shrewsbury
Sundays at 7:00 pm
Rock Chapel, Bernard Road, Wrexham, Clwyd
Mondays at 7:00 pm
The People’s Centre, High Street, Madeley, Telford, Shropshire
Mondays at 7:00 pm
Keep coming back
Eastern Oswestry Community Centre, Cabin Lane, Oswestry, Shropshire
Tuesdays at 7:00 pm
25 North Parade, Aberystwyth, Dyfed
Wednesdays at 7:30 pm
Community Centre Rooms
Dragon Theatre, Jubilee Road, Barmouth, Gwynedd County
Thursdays at 5:30 pm
25 North Parade, Aberystwyth, Dyfed
Fridays at 7:30 pm
AA meetings in/near Powys
There are a number of AA meetings held in and around Powys on a daily basis.
St Winifred’s Catholic Church, Raven St
Fridays at 8.00 pm
Newtown Step Wednesday
Catholic Presbytery (rear), Bridge End, Longbridge St
Wednesdays at 7.00 pm
East Radnorshire Day Centre, Old School Building, Scottleton St
Wednesdays at 7.00 pm
East Radnorshire Day Centre, Old School Building, Scottleton Street.
Sundays at 6.00 pm
The Parish Hall (Opposite Conservative Club), Lion St.
Tuesdays at 6.00 pm
Brecon Open Saturday
2 Wheat St, (opp Coliseum Cinema)
Saturdays at 6.00 pm
Addiction Counselling in/near Powys
- Wgcada – Neath, UK. Telephone +44 1639 633630
- Welsh Centre for Action on Dependency & Addiction – Bridgend, United Kingdom. Telephone +44 1656 667717
- Welsh Centre for Action on Dependency & Addiction – Swansea, UK. Telephone +44 1792 472519
- Gwent Drug & Alcohol Service – Newport, UK. Telephone +44 1633 252045
- Gwent Drug & Alcohol Service, Caerphilly, United Kingdom. Telephone +44 29 2086 8675
Local Government Addiction Resources in Powys
The Powys Young Persons Substance Misuse service is the locally formed group addressing substance addiction in the area. The group works in partnership with other agencies to provide support and intervention packages that will help young people to make the right choices and improve their lives.
How Can I Get To and From Powys?
Powys is easily accessible either by car or public transportation, like trains and buses.
If you are looking to visit Oasis Rehab from Powys, you can make the journey by car taking the A483, or the A495. The A483 is the faster option.
To start the journey via the A483, follow B4389 to Pool Rd/A458. Take a right to Pool Rd/A458 and proceed on the A458 till you reach the A495. Take the A495 to A483 in Shropshire and continue on the A483.
Follow the A5, A483, N Wales Expy/A55, M56 and A557 to Victoria Rd/B5155 in Runcorn, and exit toward Runcorn Town Hall/Higher Runcorn from Bridgewater Expy/A533. Take a right onto Victoria Rd/B5155 then proceed to B5155. Follow this road to your destination, which will be on your right.
If you don’t want to drive, the option of rail is readily available. Shrewsbury to Swansea’s Heart of Wales line provides direct access to Powys, via stations in Llandrindod Wells, Knighton, and Builth Road. You can take an Arriva Trains Wales train from Shrewsbury to Crewe Station, where you can take a West Midlands train to Runcorn.
Bear in mind that we run a friendly transport service between Powys and our rehab. This means we can take care of all aspects of your transportation to and from Oasis rehab at your convenience. This service is available regardless of if you live in Aberllynfi, Erwood, Glassbury, or any other part of Powys.