September 4th, 2023
Sleeping pill rehab
Sleeping pills can be lifesavers, offering much-needed rest to those plagued by persistent insomnia or other sleep disorders. However, long-term reliance on sleeping pills or recreational abuse can lead to a slippery slope of addiction. If you have developed a prescription drug addiction to sleeping pills, recognising the issue and seeking help is the first and most crucial step towards recovery. Oasis Runcorn provides effective sleeping pill rehab, which can help you break the chains of dependency and rebuild your life in sobriety.
What is sleeping pill rehab?
Sleeping pill rehab is a comprehensive form of prescription drug rehab that is specially designed to help you overcome sleeping pill addiction. It usually involves a detox stage followed by therapy and support to ensure a safe, effective and lasting recovery. The goal is not just to help you break your reliance on sleeping pills now but to empower you with tools and strategies to prevent relapse in the future.
Common forms of sleeping pill rehab include:
Provides an all-encompassing approach to help individuals break free from their reliance on Zolpidem. It includes medically monitored detoxification and therapeutic intervention to help you regain control over your life. Click here to learn more.
Offers an effective treatment pathway for those grappling with a dependence on Zopiclone. Through a blend of medical care, therapeutic support and holistic therapies, the programme can help you defeat drug use and stay sober.
Zaleplon, also known as Sonata, is a short-acting sedative-hypnotic. It can cause psychological and physical dependency, especially when taken regularly over a long period or at high doses. Click below to learn more about addiction to Sonata.
The benefits of inpatient sleeping pill rehab
Oasis Runcorn provides inpatient sleeping pill rehab, where you stay at our residential centre during treatment. The benefits of inpatient rehab include:
Shielding from triggers and stress…
While staying in sleeping pill rehab as a resident, you will be protected from all the stressful people, situations and responsibilities that trigger your sleeping pill use.
In inpatient sleeping pill rehab, there will be recovery and medical professionals available 24/7. This is particularly important for monitoring your health during the detox process and managing sleeping pill withdrawal symptoms.
Through individual and group therapy, you will learn to understand the roots of your addiction and develop new coping strategies.
The community of other clients at sleeping pill rehab undergoing similar experiences can provide comfort, reduce feelings of isolation and inspire recovery.
A structured schedule leaves little time for thinking about sleeping pills, so sleeping pill rehab provides a wide array of therapy and other activities to help refocus the mind.
A healthy lifestyle…
Inpatient rehab provides healthy food and fitness opportunities and facilities to help you restore physical health.
Are you in need of sleeping pill rehab?
Determining if you need sleeping pill rehab can be difficult, as you may be stuck in a state of denial. Take this simple quiz to identify if sleeping pill rehab could benefit you:
- Do you feel the need to increase the dosage of your sleeping pills to achieve the same effects?
- Are you taking sleeping pills without a prescription?
- Do you experience cravings or withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking sleeping pills?
- Do you prioritise obtaining and taking sleeping pills over other responsibilities?
- Have friends or family members expressed concern about your use of sleeping pills?
- Have you tried unsuccessfully to cut down or stop taking sleeping pills?
If you answered ‘yes’ to two or more questions, it might be time to seek professional help at sleeping pill rehab.
Obstacles to overcome in sleeping pill rehab
Entering sleeping pill rehab can be a significant step, but the process is filled with various challenges. Overcoming these hurdles is an integral part of the journey towards recovery and will make you a stronger and more resilient person:
Dealing with the emotional aspects of dependency during therapy in sleeping pill rehab can be difficult. This could include feelings of guilt, shame or anxiety about your condition and how it has affected you and your family. Overcoming these feelings and learning to forgive yourself is a major part of sleeping pill recovery.
Sleeping pill rehab often involves lifestyle changes such as modifying your sleep patterns, diet and exercise routines. While ultimately beneficial, these changes can initially feel overwhelming, requiring an open mind and dedication to rehab.
Dependency can strain relationships with family and friends. Part of the recovery process is repairing these relationships, which can be a difficult and emotionally charged process. At Oasis Runcorn, we provide family therapy to help all our clients and their loved ones come together, rebuild bonds and support each other during sleeping pill rehab.
Fear of the unknown…
The future without sleeping pills can seem scary, and it can take time to trust in your ability to manage sleep and stress without resorting to medication. However, relaxation techniques such as breathing, yoga and meditation that you will learn in sleeping pill rehab can help you sleep without medicinal aids.
Sleeping pills detox: The first step in recovery
Detoxing from sleeping pills is the initial stage of your recovery journey and involves the removal of sleeping pills from your system under medical supervision. This breaks your physical dependence on the drugs and allows your body and mind to begin healing from the damage caused.
Sleeping pills detox can be challenging due to withdrawal symptoms that may arise. For some people, these may only be mild, but for others, they can be very severe and potentially even dangerous. That is why you should only ever detox from sleeping pills at a professional recovery centre like Oasis Runcorn.
Common sleeping pill withdrawal symptoms
Sleeping pill withdrawal symptoms can be physical and psychological and vary in intensity and duration based on factors like your health, how long you have been taking sleeping pills and the type taken.
However, some common sleeping pill withdrawal symptoms that you may experience include:
- Insomnia: Ironically, sleeping pill withdrawal often causes sleep disturbances.
- Anxiety and restlessness: You may feel nervous, irritable or agitated.
- Physical discomfort: This can include nausea, vomiting and sweating.
- Seizures: In extreme cases, stopping sleeping pills can lead to seizures.
While these symptoms may sound scary, the experienced medical detox team at Oasis Runcorn will give you a full medical assessment on arrival so we can devise a personal detox plan that will keep you safe and comfortable.
Sleeping pill withdrawal timeline
The sleeping pill withdrawal timeline can vary based on the type of sleeping pill you’ve been using, the dosage and your individual body chemistry. Generally, sleeping pill withdrawal starts within a few hours to several days after the last dose and may last for a few weeks. A typical timeline usually follows this pattern:
- 24-72 hours: Initial symptoms like anxiety, restlessness and insomnia often appear.
- 1-2 weeks: Symptoms typically peak during this time, and physical sleeping pill withdrawal symptoms like nausea and tremors may arise.
- 2-4 weeks: Symptoms usually start to fade, although psychological symptoms like anxiety and insomnia may linger.
- 1-2 months: Most of the acute symptoms should be gone by this point, but you may still experience some cravings and disrupted sleep.
Sleeping pill rehab therapies: root causes and recovery
During your stay at the sleeping pill addiction rehab, you will participate in a variety of therapeutic activities designed to aid your recovery and improve your mental health. Here are five notable therapies:
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT): DBT focuses on providing skills to manage painful emotions, increasing mindfulness and decreasing conflict in relationships. All of these can be crucial in addressing the root causes of sleeping pill dependency and rebuilding your life from the ground up.
- Group therapy: Group therapy allows you to share experiences, progress and challenges with others going through a similar journey. The shared sense of understanding and collective strength can be incredibly healing, helping you feel less isolated and more supported during sleeping pill rehab.
- Holistic therapies: These therapies encompass a wide range of activities like yoga, meditation and art therapy. The goal is to promote overall well-being, balance and stress relief, aiding in the recovery process by boosting both mental and physical health.
Start sleeping pill rehab today
Overcoming reliance on sleeping pills may seem like a daunting journey, but it’s entirely achievable with the right support and guidance. Contact us at Oasis Runcorn today to learn how our sleeping pill rehab programmes can help. Make the brave decision today for a healthier, happier tomorrow.