September 11th, 2023
“Choose Your Future. Choose Life.”
These are the famous words spoken by the main character in the movie Trainspotting when he finally decides to give up heroin and start a new healthier, happier life. The first step to heroin recovery is always making that important decision before seeking professional help. At Oasis Runcorn, we provide proven heroin rehab to help everyone who is struggling with addiction. Our comprehensive heroin rehab programmes offer a safe haven where you can embark on a transformative journey and put heroin well and truly behind you.
What is heroin rehab?
Heroin rehab is a form of drug rehab that has been specially designed to address the physical, psychological and emotional aspects of heroin addiction. At Oasis Runcorn, we provide a holistic treatment approach that integrates medical care, therapy and ongoing support to help you break your dependency and then keep it going long after you leave heroin rehab.
The goals of heroin rehab are numerous and can include:
- Removing all traces of heroin from your body through drug detox
- Recognising and working through the underlying issues or factors that you led to heroin use
- Teaching you new skills that you can practise after heroin rehab to prevent you from using the drug again
- Enabling you to meet new friends or contacts who can offer support and advice during heroin rehab and beyond
What are the benefits of heroin rehab?
Completing a heroin rehab programme can greatly improve so many different areas of your life. Here are just some of the benefits of heroin rehab:
Drug addiction can massively impact your physical and mental health, particularly heroin which is one of the most potent and destructive of all drugs. Heroin rehab provides a chance to restore physical well-being, manage any co-occurring mental health disorders and allow your body and mind to heal.
Healthier, happier relationships…
Heroin use and dependency can put an enormous strain on relationships with loved ones. Through therapy and counselling, heroin rehab can help you repair damaged relationships, rebuild trust and foster healthier connections.
No more legal issues…
Heroin possession and supply are both illegal and carry severe penalties. Heroin rehab can help you give up heroin for good, which means you won’t have any more legal issues in the future.
A new social life…
Heroin use often leads to isolation and withdrawal from friends and family and causes users to give up social activities. Heroin rehab can give you the motivation and energy to start socialising again, make new friends and enjoy the hobbies and social events that used to give you pleasure. In fact, when you undergo rehab at Oasis Runcorn, you will be invited to join our alumni network, which holds special events for our clients to meet up, socialise and support each other.
Heroin can also take a major toll on your emotional well-being. Heroin rehab gives you the opportunity to explore emotional issues and teaches you new healthier ways of coping that don’t involve heroin.
Do I need heroin rehab?
Recognising that you need heroin rehab may seem obvious to other people, but it is often far from easy. Many people who could benefit from heroin abuse treatment are in denial about their situation or aren’t ready to make the necessary changes. If you are questioning whether heroin rehab is right for you, consider the following questions:
- Is heroin negatively impacting your relationships, work or education?
- Have you tried to quit heroin but failed?
- Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop using heroin?
- Has your heroin use led to legal consequences or increased risky behaviour?
- Do you find yourself preoccupied with obtaining and using heroin?
- Have you noticed a decline in your physical or mental health due to heroin use?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you should consider undergoing heroin addiction treatment at a professional heroin rehab centre.
What is the most effective heroin addiction treatment?
Inpatient heroin rehab, also known as residential rehab, is widely considered to be the most effective form of treatment. It offers a highly structured and supportive environment where you will live at the heroin rehab centre and undergo a range of different therapies and other treatment forms.
Some of the most important benefits of inpatient heroin rehab include:
A safe haven…
Inpatient heroin rehab provides a nurturing environment where your recovery takes centre stage. It is a place free from distractions and triggers, allowing you to fully focus on your journey to a better life.
No heroin supply…
During your inpatient heroin rehab stay, you will have no access to heroin, creating a controlled space that significantly lowers the risk of relapse.
Support around the clock…
Inpatient heroin rehab offers a dedicated team of experts available 24/7. They’re not just there during office hours – they provide constant guidance, monitoring and unwavering support throughout your recovery journey.
Bonds that last…
Inpatient heroin rehab introduces you to a community of people walking a similar path. It’s an opportunity to form meaningful connections, find understanding and cultivate a support network that will uplift and inspire you along the way.
Heroin rehab at Oasis Runcorn…
At Oasis Runcorn, our inpatient heroin rehab programmes are designed to provide you with the tools and support necessary to overcome dependency and achieve lasting recovery.
Our rehab programmes begin with heroin detox, a process that safely and comfortably removes the drug from your system under medical supervision. Detox breaks physical dependence on heroin, begins to clear the fog from your brain and gives you the energy to begin therapy.
After that, you will begin a programme of rehab therapies which include:
- DBT (dialectical-behavioural therapy): DBT helps you spot and change those negative thoughts and behaviours tied to your heroin use. It’s all about developing healthier ways to cope and think so you don’t relapse and return to taking heroin.
- Group therapy: During group therapy, you will be able to share your stories, learn from others and get the boost you need to stay on track during difficult moments in heroin rehab.
- One-on-one therapy: This provides you with a personal therapist to help you work through the challenges of heroin rehab and recovery. They will be there to listen, give you evidence-based advice and help you set goals for your sobriety.
- Family therapy: Your loved ones can play a big role in your recovery. Family therapy helps everyone rebuild trust, communicate better and create a supportive environment as you leave heroin behind.
- Holistic therapies: Our heroin rehab programmes also include holistic therapies like yoga, mindfulness meditation and art therapy. These are all about taking care of yourself, reducing stress and finding positive ways to express your emotions.
How to prevent relapse after heroin rehab
Preventing relapse is a crucial aspect of long-term recovery from heroin. Unfortunately, relapse is very common, with between 40-60% of people relapsing at some point after undergoing rehab treatment. Here are some tips to help you stay on track after heroin rehab:
Engage in aftercare…
Once you finish your heroin rehab programme, it is crucial that you keep the momentum going with aftercare. At Oasis Runcorn, we provide all our clients with one whole year of free weekly group therapy to give you ongoing support and help you stay strong against relapse.
Develop a support system…
Surround yourself with people who get it and who are positive influences in your life. Join support groups, lean on friends and family during difficult times and join our alumni network.
Practise healthy coping strategies…
Find healthy ways to deal with stress and emotions instead of turning to heroin. Exercise, meditation, hobbies or anything else that brings you joy and helps you stay focused on your recovery and prevent relapse.
Identify and avoid triggers…
Figure out what situations, people or places make you crave heroin and do your best to steer clear of them. If you can’t avoid them completely, come up with strategies to cope with those triggers in a healthy way.
Make a relapse prevention plan…
Work closely with the treatment team at your heroin rehab centre to create your unique relapse prevention plan. This will include things like recognising warning signs, using coping skills you have developed in therapy and having a plan of action in case you’re faced with a possible relapse.
Remember, preventing relapse takes effort, but you’ve already come so far. Keep pushing forward, and know that we’re here for you every step of the way at Oasis Runcorn.
How to start heroin rehab
Taking the first step towards recovery can be daunting, but once you take it, you need never look back again. Oasis Runcorn’s heroin rehab programmes have helped many people overcome their dependence on heroin and truly transform their lives. To start your journey at Oasis Runcorn, contact us today so our fantastic admissions team can answer any questions you have and help you through the admissions process.